• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1.44M and 1.2M support?

How old? The first Apple SCSI drives were a little strange, but if you're talking about later ones, it should be fine. I think the limit with the ST02 (unless someone has updated the BIOS) is about 1GB.

I was asking because there are a lot of old apple SCSI drives on eBay. Staying under 1G is good to know! At the back of the card there is a footprint for what looks like a 50 pin SCSI header which I presume was intended for supporting external SCSI drives. Do you think it would work if I soldered in a header?

Yes, in fact I'd recommend that you do so you can have an easy way to terminate both sides of the bus. Otherwise you would need to populate the 3 SIP footprints with term pack resistors

I was asking because there are a lot of old apple SCSI drives on eBay. Staying under 1G is good to know! At the back of the card there is a footprint for what looks like a 50 pin SCSI header which I presume was intended for supporting external SCSI drives. Do you think it would work if I soldered in a header?

Yes, that's what it's there for. The ST-02 came in at least two flavors. The first has pins for a DB25 "Apple SCSI" for an external connector, the second has pads for a 50-pin right-angle header. You clearly have the second type.

Is there any way to use a DOM or CompactFlash on a 50pin scsi controller? I'm hoping to replace both by XT-IDE and the original floppy controller in my IBM 5150 with this card to regain a slot. I want to use a vintage SCSI drive but, if possible, I'd also like to have some modern storage as well that I can use to back up the SCSI drive with xcopy in case it stops working. It would be really nice if I could do both with the same controller.

Back