• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dip switch configuration on an ATI Graphics Solution

SirFireWolfe

As the title says, I just got a graphics solution-sr from Ebay, and I found the manual online. However, the manual lists only 4 switches for configuration on the card, where as my version has 8. I looked elsewhere and found a different guide for configuring the card, which listed 6 switches which needed to be set. Should I be concerned, or should I just use the 6 switch guide and ignore switches 7 and 8?

When I read your post, I get the impression that you believe that there is only one type of 'ATI Graphics Solution' card.
According to [here], there are various types.
Did the manual that you found online indicate that it is specifically for the Graphics Solution SR ?

When I read your post, I get the impression that you believe that there is only one type of 'ATI Graphics Solution' card.
Yeah I understand that there are different revisions of the card. The manual seems to be for the original graphics solution, but the other source online, which is supposedly specifically for the SR revision, seems to only refer to 6 of the card's 8 dip switches.

I will recomend taking a look at TH99, there should be settings for the 8 switch versions on there.

... but the other source online, which is supposedly specifically for the SR revision, seems to only refer to 6 of the card's 8 dip switches.
Maybe only 6 are used.

For example, on the IBM 5150 motherboard, only 5 of the 8 switches in the second switch block (SW2) are wired for use. And of those 5, the first and second revisions of motherboard BIOS read the state of only 4 of them.

Do you have a picture of the card ? Because I can find quite a few ATI graphics solution cards with 8 switches

Back