• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Strange find: unknown XT motherboard without RAM

Ruud

Veteran Member
I was given a XT-clone motherboard and and to my big supprised it contained no RAM. I cannot remember ever having seen that. I would like to know more about this board and especially the MIO/RAM card that came with it: a lot of unknown jumpers.
Also strange: the motherboard has a V20-8 on it but the 24 MHz crystal (bottom-right) is missing. And it doesn't look as it has been desoldered.
I haven't had the chance yet to start it up.

I hope somebody has some information on it. Thanks in Advance!
MB.jpgMIO2.jpg

There were some early systems like this--I even think that one of the magazines had such a system (was it Steve Ciarcia?) Memory was on a separate board.

Reminds me of the Bulgarian Pravetz 16 XT motherboard. it had a dedicated card with ONLY ram on it and no ram on the main board. (I would love to own a pravetz 16)

The Big Blue Seed manual lists three boards (ECS, JLS OBM-100, and HAL with 5150 connector spacing) with no motherboard memory.

This looks to be an XT adaptation of that.

The user's guide for the MEMO576 RAM card includes, "The MEMO576 RAM card card also act as your only RAM for systems such as the 'L' type where there is no provision for RAM on your motherboard."

L type ?

Back