• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PCjr BASIC game programming book

sshock

Hi all. I am trying to track down a particular BASIC game programming book for the PCjr.

All I remember is it had about five or six BASIC "arcade" game programs that were listed out (line numbers and all) that you simply typed in from the book. I believe most of them utilized the joystick. Also, I believe one of the games was called Arena or Athena or something, and one of the games was missile command. I believe the book cover was a solid color like red, blue or purple, but I could be wrong.

I had such a fun time typing in and playing those games when I was a young kid (multiple times because I think I was in cartridge basic and couldn't save to disk) and for nostalgic reasons I would love to get my hands on that book. If I could find out what the title is and who the author was, perhaps I could find someone on ebay selling it...

Thanks!
Phillip

The only arcade book for the PC Jr I can find reference to is How to Create Arcade Games and Graphics on Your IBM PCJR Home Computer by John Socha. I haven't found an index or review for it stating which games were included. Might be a title to check for.

Are you looking for "The IBM PCjr Entertainer?" "Arena" on page 255 is described as "You are a gladiator in combat with a very angry killer bee."

The_IBM_PCjr_Entertainer.jpg

This book is nearly unobtainium and has been on my list for a while. If anyone has it and would be willing to lend it to me, I am willing to scan the entire book, return it, and make the scan available; send me a PM.

Back