• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Husky FS/2 cradle info?

hjalfi

Experienced Member
I am now the proud owner of what seems to be a NOS Husky FS/2 handheld PC --- possibly the toughest (and least practical for gaming) portable XT clone around. I could seriously hammer nails in with this thing. It's got 4MB of RAM, a very small ROM containing an elderly version of DOS and some utilities, and... no fixed storage whatsoever. It looks like you're supposed to transfer programs into a persistant ramdisk via serial cable. (The BIOS supports floppy emulation via serial cable from server software on a PC.)

However, mine is the version with two circular industrial/military serial port connectors, which have an unknown pinout and the plugs for them are probably unfindable anyway. I'm far more interested in the two charging/data transfer pads on the back which are used for connecting the Husky to a sync cradle. The cradle, which I don't have, has a serial port on it. The idea is that at the end of a work shift you drop your FS/2 into the cradle and it syncs your data with the server. This looks like the easiest to interface to.

Unfortunately I'm having a great deal of trouble finding any information on the thing. There's a mythical FS/2 System Developer's Guide, but I can't find it online and am unwilling to pay $40+$16 international p/p for a paper copy which might not even have what I want... does anyone here know anything about this?

Back