• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tallgrass Technologies TG-6180

ktmchrisv

Hi Everyone, I recently picked up an old tape drive / hard disk combo that has the unique capability of being used in the very earliest PC 5150; the ones that don't scan high memory for ROM. These drives have a loadable bios that can be placed on a boot disk and give access to both the tape drive and the hard drive. The drive is fully functional with the software that came with it, however, the format on the MFM drive is very weak. The drive experiences many ECC recoveries. It needs to be reformatted. Upon looking for this software, I discovered that Tallgrass had a separate diagnostic disk with a program called CDISK, which is a low level format / certification program.

I was hoping that someone on this forum might know where to get this old program, or may have this old program.

Pulling up this previous request as I too am seeking a copy of the TALLGRASS Software Disc.

The Tallgrass documentation (Thank You - Modem7) illustrates that during initial installation, the supplied Master Software Disc is used to create the Master Boot Disc that would contain the diagnostics application. So it would appear, only one software disc was supplied.

Impressive for the time, they introduced the first hard drive system for the 5150 and the first tape backup the following year.

Thank you, the link you provided has the TG3020 disk images I am seeking. Obviously, my Navigation skills are not the best.

Back