• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GlitchWorks XT IDE Help

If you zoom in on your photo to U3 Pins 14 & 16 you will see no solder on the Top side of the PCB
for Pins 14 & 16. Also same on Left side of C7. Same type soldering on Connector Pins 2, 5,
and and 27.

I'd double check all soldering on both sides with a good magnifying glass.

Make sure RP1 and RP2 are installed with the DOT located in the marked SQUARE on the PCB,
as those are "bussed resistors" versus isolated.

Larry

bussed.png

If you zoom in on your photo to U3 Pins 14 & 16 you will see no solder on the Top side of the PCB
for Pins 14 & 16. Also same on Left side of C7. Same type soldering on Connector Pins 2, 5,
and and 27.

I'd double check all soldering on both sides with a good magnifying glass.

Make sure RP1 and RP2 are installed with the DOT located in the marked SQUARE on the PCB,
as those are "bussed resistors" versus isolated.

Larry

View attachment 63233
So I need plenty of solder on both sides and could I have broke anything if those resistors are wrong?

As long as the plated through holes are ok, no solder on top shouldn't matter. You don't have an interrupt selected. The XT should need one.

Tom

You don't have an interrupt selected. The XT should need one.
Winman486 did not indicate the type of host computer.

Interrupt requirement (whether or not required, and if so, what interrupt number) depends on the BIOS that is providing BIOS support for the card.
For the XT-IDE card, the norm is to use the XTIDE Universal BIOS (a.k.a. XUB) as the controlling BIOS.
Early versions of the XUB had no interrupt support.

I see at [here], that there is an 'Enable interrupt' option in later versions of the XUB, but the default setting is 'No'. If one reads the descriptions of the 'Enable interrupt' and 'IRQ' options there, setting up interrupt operation in the XUB is not the norm.

Ok, guys, I am at a loss I just got the xt ide kit I put it all together and it won't post I have double-checked all of my solder points I am curios could it be a resistor or do you think it is something else?

Can you clarify " It won't post " , Do you mean the computer operates correctly but you get no XUB menu appear on the monitor OR do you mean the computer " Won't post " with the XT-IDE controller fitted ?.

What computer are you using this XT-IDE controller in ?
I see from the photo's you posted you have "Hard wired" Jumper J4 to supply 5V on pin 20, What are you using as a hard drive ?.

Back