• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to find older thread replies on VCF forums

Old_hitech

Experienced Member
I've finally found some time to work on my old IBM 5150. I had posted some questions about 6-8 months ago and members had posted some useful information that I would like to now reference. How does one find/view older posts?

Since you don't have many posts, it is probably easiest just to go to your user profile page and select "Find latest posts"

There is a general site search box at the top of the page, but as you probably noticed that usually only works if you can remember a specific keyword used in your post.

Otherwise it is a matter of using a web search engine to do a site search, like "site:vcfed.org IBM 5150". Although I have noticed Google does not always seem to have everything indexed, especially really old content.

Left click on your user name in your post and click " View forum posts" is one way

...Although I have noticed Google does not always seem to have everything indexed, especially really old content.
Yeah i noticed that too, Even with not so Old post's, Maybe those post's are not on the forum any more, Server / Data base problems in the past maybe, I dunno.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe the forum has lost any posts. The ones I am thinking of fell in to two categories -

1 - really old stuff that pre-dated the switch to vcfed.org, it looked like google still had stuff indexed for the old domain only causing site: searches to not work unless you used the old domain. That was a while back and hopefully has worked itself out by now.

2 - Keywords that google just does not want you to have. I suspect pages that contain keywords advertisers normally pay to rank up but do not belong to the advertisers are ranked down or excluded, this seems to also be true for keywords that COMPETE with certain advertisers.

Back