• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cordata PPC cga graphic..

Jan1980

Experienced Member
Hello.

I have got a Cordata PPC. I cleaned it and i repaired floppy controller on board. Now, it works. But i don´t understand the graphic mode, checkit says it is cga. For example, boulder dash works fine on my IBM XT in CGA mode. On cordata,
i can begin to play, but scrolling does not work properly. Please take a look to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtN-UnJI6gs

Do you think, there is anything damaged or do you think, this game is not compatible with my cordata ? Perhaps, anybody can try it on his Cordata/Corona/Olivetti PPC ?!

Second question. I want to use external color TV via composite. Can i use IBM CGA card on this cordata ? I know, it´s also on B800h like internal graphic controller. Is there a way to switch between them ?

THX

Jan

The CGA emulation on the cordata systems is not 100% CGA compatible. Boulder Dash uses 6845 register changes for both horizontal and vertical scrolling, and there is a bug in the Cordata's implementation that causes that not to work. So, you have stumbled on one of the few games that won't work on your Cordata. 95% of other games will work just fine.

I don't think it's possible to use a different video card because the Cordata borrows system RAM for use as video, ie. it's all integrated.

Back