• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 3D Printed Replacement Parts

Jotschi

Last edited:
Excellent work. Those clips on top of the IBM monitor are impossible to get out without damaging their aged and brittle plastic.

Just need a 3D printer !

Thanks for the work.
Only need a 3D printer now.

As been said those caps will brake or are already gone.
Have been placing them lose on the monitor but after time I already lost one.

I've not been to Digikey in a while, and I gotta say, HOLY HELL what an incredibly aggravating site they've turned themselves into!
What that site now seems to do, at least for me is this:

It tries to load, and then it seems to check if there's any part of the site that's not fully loaded for some reason, and if that's the case, then they UNLOAD, remove, obscure the essentially completely loaded content that was just there, and replace everything with an unspecific and uninformative HTTP 500 error. Truly incredibly shitty design. Whatever happened to fault-tolerance?

Interestingly, I seem to be able to counteract Digikey's broken-by-design shittyness by just adblocking this part that seems to be responsible for the unloading:
Code:
||digikey.com/products/_next/static/*/pages/_error.js
Once I adblock that, I can see that page just fine.

Sadly, this seems to be the new normal: Corporations think they have the right to fight you over what happens on YOUR computer long after they've chosen to respond to a perfectly normal HTTP request. This anti-pattern fits right in.

That being said, I'm personally not in the market for one of these because I have enough, but it's nice to see they're avaiable – at least in theory, to people who can actually figure out a way to view Digikey's shitty, shitty perfectionist control freak and play-possum-by-design website.

If anyone here works with Digikey or with whoever built or ordered that website to be built this way, pour some salt in their coffee for me. Thanks.

Most websites are horribly designed these days. However, I have never noticed anything concerning about digikey's site. I have ublock and noscript enabled for all websites, and digikey's site works well enough with them. The few sites that don't aren't worth spending time on. Unfortunately most every major site are sliding into this irrelevance slowly.

Back