• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Speaking of Model 25’s (Display & Floppy Issue?)

lyonadmiral

Veteran Member
Hello,

It’s been a very long time but finally got my hands on a Model 25-004. Two of them.

One of them there is some distortion in the border of the image as hopefully you can see here. I wonder, is there any fix for that?

338A82D2-482F-4215-B8E7-9B76B0305578.jpeg

Also, the floppy drive does boot some disks but not others (that boot on other systems). I did use a cleaning disk but I’ve seen other videos on servicing the drive and wondered for some tips & feedback on drive service. White lithium grease perhaps? There are only so many of these things left and don’t want to ruin the drive even more than it is by doing it wrong.

The floppies are known to have Cap issues. I bought my Model 25s piecemeal, I didn't even bother with a floppy and just run a Gotek.

As for the monitor, there are numerous adjustments on the CRT driver card. You have to remove the outside case (which involve removing the Planar tray first), and then the top metal cover protecting the monitor. This will give you direct access to about half of the adjustments. For access to the other half you need to disassemble the cage around the monitor and power supply. Tip here, undo the card from the cage, then undo the cage, lift the cage off, then splay out the cards. It's about impossible if you try to remove the CRT board or power supply first.

Back