• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Not sure if my motherboard will cost more than usual

peonevv

Hi people.

Recently I've bought an IBM PC 330 - P75 on my local second hand. I knew very little regarding old computers, but was willing to learn about it or/and sell. I live in Sweden and it seems that the model I have bought has a Windows 98 installed together with a Swedish BIOS. I've looked this model on eBay and the 2 options I've found were 170-200 euros. But it seems that both of them had their BIOSes on English, a language most common. The question I asked myself is that: would my motherboard cost more because of the fact that it might be more rare?

I also had issues finding on what kind of processer was. I knew that it's running on 75 MHz and that it came out somewhere around 1994, but other than that nothing.

Thanks

Rarity of a computer doesn't really affect its value unless it's desirable by collectors. I don't think a Swedish localized version of a machine would be more valuable than the English version because it's probably the exact same everything but with a different firmware.

As for the CPU, according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_Series#PC_330 it came with a 75-100 MHz Pentium, with the potential to run up to 200 MHz using a Pentium Overdrive. An Evergreen Spectra may also work, which would get you up to 300-400 MHz AMD K6/2, but those are rare and expensive these days.

Back