• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Socket 7, DIMM only, AT only, without AGP motherboard?

Vein

I'm looking for motherboard from my yuth, it was simple AT mobo with Socket 7, but with DIMM slots only (without simm), AT only (!), without AGP (!) motherboard?
There are planty boards AT/ATX and Super Socket 7, but I have not yet found AT only mobo that has only (one or two, don't remember) DIMM slots, maybe someone stumbled upon mobo in this configuration.
ps. complete set was with Pentium 150mhz, 16mb RAM, S3 Virge and 1,2GB hdd, managed to find exact case, but still fighting to find mobo.

Do you remember anything else? Apart from having DIMM slots only, the rest is pretty normal for Socket 7. Most were AT-only and had no AGP. ATX and AGP became a thing with the Pentium II and were adopted by Super Socket 7 boards.

I remember some "PC Partner"-branded Socket 7 boards that only had DIMM slots.

I had an Intel 430TX-based AT motherboard with 64MB's worth of SDRAM DIMMs back in the 90's (was actually a fairly quick system despite having a Cyrix/IBM 6x86 CPU) but, yeah, it's my recollection that said board *also* had SIMM sockets. One with just DIMMs would probably count as a rare bird at least for "generic" parts-built systems. Seems like the kind of thing more likely to turn up in a Dell or something.

Thanks, I had box for this mobo it had "hurricane" written on it, so propably some generic chineese/taiwaneese clone. Also I remember that it was mainly jumper configured and had AWARD bios. that's all.l it was like over 20 years ago :D

I had such a board in an Olympia branded PC (as in Olympia the typewriter company, not sure if they actually dabbled in PC sales or simply licenced the brand out to system builders) with a K6-233 and 32MB of RAM. It was exactly what you remember, SS7, AT, DIMM only, no AGP. I think I might still have the manual for it somewhere.

Back