• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AcceleraPCI 466MHz

dan87951

Anyone heard of this? I just got a evergreen pci card with a celeron 466 on it and 64mb memory. This is a upgrade card for all pentium based systems. I have no idea if it works though. Seems cool though. Will give it a test in a few days.

Interesting. Sounds like the last gasp for accelerator cards. At some point, it's cheaper to simply buy a new motherboard.

I read the review and it looks as if the 466 was the first and last of this series. Compatibility seems to be an issue.

I used to have one. The last person had a 1000/100 celeron on a coppermine adapter in it. had 2x 256mb so dimms. likely cost as much as a REAL 1ghz celeron. Sadly the card was bad, and I stashed the card somewhere. however the ram went into a old p3 laptop I use for IRC and that runs real nice.

Was The adapter bad right out of the box? I don't know the condition of mine and don't want this to fry my motherboard either! If it's bad do you know if it takes the board to?

Was The adapter bad right out of the box? I don't know the condition of mine and don't want this to fry my motherboard either! If it's bad do you know if it takes the board to?

I got the card out of a computer from a thrift store. I think the voltage regulators were bad. computer started working once I pulled the card. the mother board was a standard socket 7 pentium. i have it next to me actually. overall i would say its HIGHLY unlikely that a bad card will take the motherboard out with it.

If you are scared I have some Socket 7 boards that I use only for testing parts. I know I am new here so I won't offer to test it for you, but I would let go of one of these boards on the cheap if your in the US. I normally ship mother boards in medium flat rate boxes, so if you wanted to cover that and get me a 24oz Sam Adams(~$3) I would happy to send you one.

You do realize this thread is nine years old and the OP hasn't been to these forums since that time right?

of course, I understand very well that so much time has passed. but you never know where you are lucky, and this board is rather rare and useless.
because I always better ask if there is a chance to find something interesting to me)
besides, it may appear in someone else's garage))

Back