• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is there a way to make a voodoo2 do the "monitor switch reset" thingie on boot?

keropi

Experienced Member
Is there a way to make a voodoo2 do the "monitor switch reset" thingie on boot?

Hello!!!

I have noticed that I am having interference in my vga output when I first boot up my p200mmx/win98SE machine that has a voodoo2 in it (some diagonal faint moving lines) but all that is gone after I go once to the voodoo display properties tab and the internal switch does a cycle (screen goes blank to voodoo and then returns to vga).
Is there a way to make said switch cycle with a command or a registry entry? Preferably something that I can run in autoexec.bat ...
I have looked at the voodoo SDKs available (as suggested in vogons forum) but did not find a program inside that does what the display panel applet does...

I know this is a looooong shot but it doesn't hurt to ask! ;)

thanks in advance for any info! :)

I happen to have a voodoo2, but don't have this problem... Weird... Do you have another 2d card you can test with? I have mine hooked through a s3 virge DX with 0 problems @ 800x600. Also, have you tried changing your refresh rate?

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-15840.html
Seems your not alone either ^

Hrmmm, I wonder. What soundcard are you running? Is it a creative pci soundblaster card?

The card I am testing with is a creative labs riva128zx... makes no difference if I use another card of the same era (agp2x limitation) , the only way to cure this is using the v2 in another system with a newer card that has a better signal (like a geforce4 and upwards)
I don't use a pci soundcard, on the system I have a SB16+DB50XG and a LAPC-I installed...

Back