• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Care to guess what this is?

I just hooked it up to a Commodore B128 audio port, and then to a small amplifier. Some of the lights come on. Sound travels through the unit to the speaker, but there is no reverb effect. It's possible that the box *was* a reverb unit and the counter was added into the box OR perhaps the reverb no longer works. I tried switching the jacks to no effect. The reset button had no apparent effect.

whatever it was, it ain't doin it now.

I doubt

I doubt

I doubt that Magnavox was in the practice of using Dymo labels on their equipment. I doubt that the case and the contents started their lives as one... Maybe you can rip off the metal plate full of holes and get a peek at what the rest of the lettering says...

It's glued on pretty tight. Let's assume that this is no longer a reverb unit (for an organ or small guitar amp). I think that it's a counter.

Magnavox Radio Case

Magnavox Radio Case

Hi,

The computer appears to be a home brew model.

The wooden case is from a old Magnavox Radio that was made in the last 50's, early 60's.

The tag is from when the Radio that used to be in the case was manufactured.

I doubt that Magnavox had anything to do with the computer that is in it now.

Derek

Do the PCBs have anything identifying them? had a look last night at the beastie, but without a top view of the circuit boards, can't guess at their function. It could just be a counter, with one jack input to count, and another to reset? It's not going to be too complex with 4? transistors per lamp, so... post a nice top view, and I bet I can ident it.

awesome! wish i could help you ID it. good luck with that thing. pretty interesting machine.

Back