• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Zenith Z100 and CP/M Question

Zen

I recently got a Zenith Z100 with zdos 1.x installed but have the software for CP/M 86. I also bought a copy of the game telengard that says in the documentation that it will work with Z100 with CP/M 80 and 85 with MBASIC. Do you think this will work with CP/M 86? I’m unsure of if that came with MBASIC and I don’t have it in front of me to check right now. I’m working on being able to write 5.25s for it from image/teledisk so hopefully I’ll be able to put whatever I need on it. Is MBASIC on CP/M 80/85 automatically or do I need to write it to that somehow? Sorry I’m a novice and trying to learn thanks.

edit: so I found a copy of CP/M 80 and a copy of MBASIC for CPM 80 on planemo. Documentation from same states how to install MBASIC to the CPM diskette. Hopefully my plane to write images works so I can make a CPM 80 disk with MBASIC on it to play the game if it doesn’t run on CPM 86. Any issues anyone sees or tips in general are appreciated! I’m videoing everything for YouTube so hopefully anyone else with this issue can find it. I’ll post next month when I have time to actually do what needs done.

Last edited:
Back