• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My CompuPro Machine

tachyon

Experienced Member
I've had a CompuPro machine for nearly two years. At first I had it set up in my house in SC, but when I moved to TN it went into the basement until I had a chance to get a few other projects finished.

Now, it's time to bring out the Big Iron. :)

If you would like to take a look at my system, you can view my webpage at http://www.southernskye.net/CompuPro.html

I've got links to Howard Harte's website where you can find lots and lots of manual scans for many S-100 systems.

Regards,
Tom

I found another CompuPro system and picked it up for spares for my current machine. It turns out to be in better shape than the one I have. I'll be working on it this weekend to see if I can get it working between the two machines I have.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Tachyon

PS: Does anyone have a manual for the Viasyn PC Video card? The new machine has one, but I don't know what keyboard / monitor to use. It has a PC/AT size keyboard connector and a 9 pin video output. I don't want to damage it or a monitor by connecting the wrong type. (If the Keyboard isn't right, it just doesn't work.)

Tachyon

I bought a copy of the PC Video documentation from Herb Johnson. It's pretty cool. I'm glad I didn't hook the display up to the board before, though, as it was set up as a monochrome display.

I'm having some problems with the disk drives. I've got a replacement ribbon cable on the way to see if that solves the problem. Since I'm having the same problem with both machines with two different sets of drives, I'm going out on a limb to guess that it's the cable that goes in between.

When I get things going a bit better, I'll post more pictures.

Tachyon

Back