• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

So who owns IMSAI???

atarimuseum

Experienced Member
Question for someone in the know...

Imsai goes bankrupt and is left to the wayside by Bill Millard so he can create his "est" Computerland empire...

So what happened to Imsai? It was still around it seems until at least 83/84'ish?

Who owned it and possibly still owns it?

Curt

Re: So who owns IMSAI???

atarimuseum said:

Imsai goes bankrupt and is left to the wayside by Bill Millard so he can create his "est" Computerland empire...

So what happened to Imsai? It was still around it seems until at least 83/84'ish?

Curt

Todd Fischer owns it AFAIK. Not only are they still around, they have recently begun manufacturing a new, modern computer based on the S-100 bus, the IMSAI II. Details at the IMSAI website:

http://www.imsai.net/

--T

Re: So who owns IMSAI???

Terry Yager said:
atarimuseum said:

Curt

Todd Fischer owns it AFAIK. Not only are they still around, they have recently begun manufacturing a new, modern computer based on the S-100 bus, the IMSAI II. Details at the IMSAI website:

http://www.imsai.net/

--T

Wow, cool stuff, but jeeeezzzzzzzz.... those prices!!! I personally would love just a chassis and front panel to put a modern PC board into, now THAT would be very cool to replace my blank and boring PC case.

Curt

I actually got a very pleasant email back from Thomas Todd Fischer and he let me know he's working on some packages to sell the whole chassis as a PC case substitute, plus he's got some really nice external enclosures as well which are pretty darned nice.

Curt

Back