• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Whats up with IMSAI.net?

alker

Experienced Member
I was in contact with Todd Fischer from www.imsai.net this april. I need a blue cover and some switches for my IMSAI. He replied very accurate and I fixed the deal. My last question was about the shipping costs end of april and since then I dont hear anything from him anymore. It looks like he disappeared.
On the website imsai.net I see an update from may which happened after he stopped communicating with me. It is very strange to me.. what are your experiences with Mr. Fischer? I know about the series 2 desaster.. but has anybody here ordered simple parts from him already?

I don't think so. Take a number, you're about the 20th person who tried to do business with imsai.net that I have read about or spoken to personally and nothing came of it. I would suggest you find another source for the item for now, wait for someone to come down from that mountain with their perverbial tablets in hand before making your own order.
bd

I don't think so. Take a number, you're about the 20th person who tried to do business with imsai.net that I have read about or spoken to personally and nothing came of it. I would suggest you find another source for the item for now, wait for someone to come down from that mountain with their perverbial tablets in hand before making your own order.
bd
LOL! Only 20?

BUT...that said, I had been looking for a newer metal-cased PC that might be the same dimensions as the old IMSAI. Anyone found one? For example the GATEWAY 2000 P75 is the correct dimensions except that it's not long enough. Otherwise it'd be perfect, just paint it.
Bill

Hi! Obviously, the IMSAI.NET undertaking has "issues". Personally, I would stay away from it until Todd or whomever clarifies what is going on. The whole issue rather blew up a couple of years ago and got very messy. It is a shame but at this point most everyone interested should realize there other things happening and steer clear. I don't know what is going on but clearly something isn't right. Having watched it deteriorate the whole situation has had a strong influence on me and an in particular how *not* to have a business based on a home brew hobby.

I sincerely hope things improve and IMSAI.NET recovers. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Well, Todd was very helpful finding out what I need for my parted IMSAI.. but suddenly in May communication stopped and he never answered back. Before he answered me within 1-2 days... very very strange.

Anyway, is there any chance to get an IMSAI blue metal cover and the front board (only the plastic part and the photo mask?). Does anyone have this stuff or thinking of parting a non working machine?

Back