• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A new Z80 Board for the S-100 Bus

monahan_z

Experienced Member
For people interested in building/repairing S-100 systems, Andrew at N8VEM and I at S100Computers.com have just completed a prototype of a new S-100 Z80 Board. The board is capable of reaching up to10MHz in a system with an active terminated bus. It also can address up to 1M of address space with 16K windows – useful for CPM+.

If you would like to read about this board please look here:-
http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/Z80 Board/Z80 CPU Board.htm
There is a growing list of people getting interested in these S-100 systems. We get these bare boards produced in batches (typically $20-40, depending on demand). So if you would like to be kept in the loop as this board evolves you need to contact Andrew or me.

Hi! Good news on the S-100 Z80 CPU board project. The PCB has finally completed its trace route optimization and I've ordered the first batch of manufactured PCBs. They should be here in about three weeks or so. Many builders have already signed up for this board and I am looking forward to getting them out to their builders.

What makes this board special is it is the final piece of the "core" for a complete system consisting of a backplane, memory, serial IO, and CPU boards. With the minimal "core" system you can run simple debug monitors, etc like early S-100 systems.

To run an operating system like CP/M or TurboDOS you'll also need a block device board such as IDE or a floppy drive controller for storage. Fortunately the IDE board is also complete and the S-100 ZFDC board is rapidly approaching the second prototype board build and test phase. In addition, we are about to start the initial build and test phase on the S-100 Console IO board which includes microSD storage.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi! The S-100 Z80 CPU board PCBs have arrived. I am sending them out to their builders now. If any one wants some of these PCBs please contact me.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back