• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Turbodos 1.43 and looking for ADC Super Six and/or the boot EPROM

I just finished uploading a set of CPM3 and Turbodos 1.43 floppy images to
http://bitsavers.org/bits/AdvancedDigitalCorp/ and I was wondering if anyone has dumped the boot EPROM
or has a board they'd like to sell.

Great! Always good to see tome TurboDOS activity, I just wish it was being used more than CP/M, the code is now public domain, however unfortunately the source has been lost.

I'm wanting to get my Australian Pulsar Little Big Board (not an Ampro product) up and running at some point with 3-4 processors.

There was also a TRS-80 Model 4 port, however I'm yet to find the disks.

Clem

Hi All;
I have the diskettes, I have Source for most of it.. The ones I have are not bootable, (And I don't know how to make them bootable, since The Monitor for my Super Six is so minimal) I have a super six board and years ago I printed out alot of the Souce files.. I have 1.43, 1.22 and others..
THANK YOU Marty

Marty,

That's great! There is somewhat of a resurgence in Z80 based boards, and emulation of course, whilst TDOS seems like the obvious way to go go as a multiprocessor system was expensive in the 80's however today it's not and opens up a whole new world. I haven't really been across this issue in 18 months or more, I'll dig up some names and spread the word, you may have the only copy of source in existence!

Clem

I just finished uploading a set of CPM3 and Turbodos 1.43 floppy images to
http://bitsavers.org/bits/AdvancedDigitalCorp/ and I was wondering if anyone has dumped the boot EPROM
or has a board they'd like to sell.

I have an EPROM dump from an IMS International system that appears to be for 8" floppy boot, and another that may be for a 5" HDD boot. They are not disassembled, but they do contain the TurboDos call to OSLOAD.COM and apparent TD version numbers. They came from Roman Sigmund in Austria, who is (was?) on comp.os.cpm. I'm sure he won't mind me attaching them here, in case they are of any use.

The deal-breaker for me with TurboDos was trying to find/develop those hardware-specific REL files that substitute for BIOS/BDOS routines. The TurboGen utility requires the correct libraries to develop these files for each port to a specific OEM, but I am not aware that those libraries can be found "in the wild" despite TurboDos now being public domain for hobbyist use.

Hope these dumps are of some use. NB I had to change the file extensions from .bin to .txt in order for the forum software to upload them. So much for security rules! :ninja1:

Rick
View attachment ims8000_ipl_14.txt
View attachment ims5000_5zoll.txt

I have an EPROM dump from an IMS International system that appears to be for 8" floppy boot, and another that may be for a 5" HDD boot. They are not disassembled, but they do contain the TurboDos call to OSLOAD.COM and apparent TD version numbers. They came from Roman Sigmund in Austria, who is (was?) on comp.os.cpm. I'm sure he won't mind me attaching them here, in case they are of any use.

The deal-breaker for me with TurboDos was trying to find/develop those hardware-specific REL files that substitute for BIOS/BDOS routines. The TurboGen utility requires the correct libraries to develop these files for each port to a specific OEM, but I am not aware that those libraries can be found "in the wild" despite TurboDos now being public domain for hobbyist use.

Hope these dumps are of some use. NB I had to change the file extensions from .bin to .txt in order for the forum software to upload them. So much for security rules! :ninja1:

Rick
View attachment 11307
View attachment 11308

I put a bunch of files related to my reviving a Digitex S-100 computer with ADC Super-Six CPU board up on GitHub today. I forgot nearly everything about it by now, but there is some useful CBIOS source, a disassembled and partially commented ROM monitor, and some disk images that should work in SIMH. I created the CP/M boot disk in SIMH, and then wrote it to a real floppy and was able to boot the machine. I forgot how I wrote the floppy now. I think I used ImageDisk running under DOS, with a fairly new (at the time) Pentium 4 motherboard with a decent floppy controller. The disk drive that I used was a CompuPro 8".

https://github.com/hharte/digitex

I wrote the SIMH support for the ADC Super-Six back around 2007 or 2008.

-Howard

Thanks Howard

Good to hear from you. It has been a long time. I just got cp/m 2.2 to boot with your boot disk using altairz80
and your notes. I can now read the ADCS6 disks from Don Maslin collection. Now if only TurboDos could be made to boot. Don's archive has Turbodos for ADCS6.

Larry G

Back