• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can you identify this 16/32K DRAM board?

IBM Portable PC

Veteran Member
This is about all I have to go on.

I have tried Google images without success.

I believe the rest of the board is vacant realestate i.e. there are no additional positions for further RAM beyond 2 rows of 4116's.

It was available around 1982.

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 9.32.01 PM.jpg

in other words...without more info how can anyone help? Are you sure it's even a RAM board? A RAM board from 1982 with only a few 4116? Seems kind of sparse for the year.

I am certain it is dynamic RAM board, which had 16K of 4116's installed and sockets for a further 16K.

Here's the only picture I have, it's not clear at all, however some capacitors etc can be seen which should help identify the board by layout.

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 4.42.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All;
IBMPortabePC, What we need is a real picture !! Or two..
If I can do it, so can You.. If You don't have a Digital Camera or a phone with a Camera.. Then ask a friend for one, and Take a picture of it on the Kitchen Table , or out back on the Picnic Table..
THANK YOU Marty

Marty, of course except I do not own the card, in fact I've never seen one in the flesh. It was OEM'd to various companies and I'm trying to identify the manufacturer from what little I have to go on. This very poor picture and outline is all I have.

Hi All;
IBM, I think I thought along with most everyone else that You had the Card and wanted to know what it was.. I don't know if my assumption was from mis-reading your posting or not..
Just Curious what do You want it for, if you don't actually have one ??

THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
IBM, I think I thought along with most everyone else that You had the Card and wanted to know what it was.. I don't know if my assumption was from mis-reading your posting or not..
Just Curious what do You want it for, if you don't actually have one ??

THANK YOU Marty

I'm collecting specific vintage gear that I couldn't afford back in the day..........

Back