• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CP/M for Single-Density North Star Controllers

glitch

Veteran Member
Martin Eberhard was kind enough to duplicate his disks for Lifeboat Associates' CP/M 1.4 for North Star single-density controllers. I've imaged the disks he provided using Dave Dunfield's North Start Transfer (NST) and uploaded them to my filedump:

http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/northstar/

That directory also contains a .CMD file, which defines I/O compatible with the target system for the original Lifeboat Associates BIOS. You can use it with Dave Dunfield's Horizon simulator (included in the NST archive) to boot the first disk image (CPMDISK1.NSI) as-is.

More to follow, as I have time -- just wanted to get these images up, as I've been searching for them for a while!

Hi Glitch,
Two quick questions:
1) Will disk 2 and 3 work on a SOL-20 system with N* controller?
2) If so, do you think it could be made to work on a N* double density controller?

Thanks for these.

Phil

1) Martin's CUTER/SOLOS system should be pretty similar to a SOL-20, so I wouldn't be surprised if they work on a SOL-20 with single-density North Star controller.

2) You'd have to rewrite the disk controller routines, but CP/M 2.2 already exists for the double-density controller -- it'd be easier to patch the I/O routines to fit your needs.

Back