• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Video of the 1977 Processor Technology Sales Demo for the Sol-20 System III

https://youtu.be/I7N9WHMdas0

This is my fully restored Sol-20. A great example of Ascii graphics and what was state of the art in 1977. There are also pics at the end of the video of the restoration of this system.

Cheers,
Corey

Corey:

I'm speechless. When I can think of something relevant I need to ask you a few things about the reconstruction process.

Brilliant. Great job.
Love seeing all those ASCII graphics.
Any chance you could share the code? If possible I would love to put this on my 8" CP/M master disk disk...Although I don't have a Helios drive, so I'm not sure it'll work.

Last edited:
That has to be the best restoration / demo I've seen !

I wonder if the code would run on my Imsai ?

Fantastic restoration! And it jogged an old memory for me, too. I had that exact same TARGET game with the cannon at the bottom middle on my australian Applied Technology Z80 S-100 system with its 64x16 ETI-640 VDU card back in about 1981/82. I never realised till now it was from the SOL games suite.

Last edited:
Very cool to watch! Thanks for posting this, and your SOL-20 looks great! This is one of the computers I'm hoping I'll find "in the wild" one day!

The demo should run on a subsystem B with Helios (IMSAI setup as a sol-20). The question is how much of it is PTDos scripting. I'll try to take a look over the next few days as to how it's organized. I really didn't do much investigating and was just excited when I located the disk in my collection.

Cheers,
Corey

So most of the individual demo programs work without PT Dos. The DEMO command simply runs each program sequentially in a loop. I am working on setting up a way to transfer the files off of the Sol to my laptop so I can upload them (Having some XModem issues with ZTERM, switching to TeraTerm on windows later today). Hopefully I can convert them into audio files so people can simply load them on their cassette ports. I should also be able to make HEX files. Maybe someone with a VDM1 video card, but not a subsystem B can test them to see if the programs are looking for Solos hooks.

Cheers,
Corey

So most of the individual demo programs work without PT Dos. The DEMO command simply runs each program sequentially in a loop. I am working on setting up a way to transfer the files off of the Sol to my laptop so I can upload them (Having some XModem issues with ZTERM, switching to TeraTerm on windows later today). Hopefully I can convert them into audio files so people can simply load them on their cassette ports. I should also be able to make HEX files. Maybe someone with a VDM1 video card, but not a subsystem B can test them to see if the programs are looking for Solos hooks.

Cheers,
Corey

Is the floppy used in Sol-20 drive hard sectored?

Thank you
Leiy.

Back