• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cromemco Z-2D Power cord

jhalbrecht

Experienced Member
Can I purchase a power cord to fit this inlet connector on a Cromemco Z-2D S-100 computer? I have a couple other pieces of equipment that use this same kind. Failing an entire assembled cord can I order just the one piece? From Mouser or ??? Any idea what this style is called? I placed the more common cord next to it for some size comparison.

Cromemco Z Power Inlet.jpg

Last edited:
That style of cord is common on older equipment. I've seen them listed as various things, sometimes as "adding machine cables." There's a two-prong version, too.

Yes I know about this, I have one for my older Cromemco. It's absolutely no consolation but newer models have a standard kettle socket instead.

Yes I know about this, I have one for my older Cromemco. It's absolutely no consolation but newer models have a standard kettle socket instead.

I've got two Z-2D boxes and one uses the old style while the other uses a standard IEC (kettle) cord. I guess they switched mid-production or something.

Be careful what you buy. The polarity is reversed on some of those. Need to know which polarity you need.

IIRC it doesn't matter on the Cromemco -- straight into a large transformer. Chuckster is right though. Probably one of the reasons these things were pretty quickly replaced by IEC plugs!

Works on my machine

Works on my machine

Can I purchase a power cord to fit this inlet connector on a Cromemco Z-2D S-100 computer?

Thanks for the links and comments S-100 folk! I got a couple power cords landed for ~$20 buck$. They have the same polarity as one another and match the polarity of the input pins.

They work on my machine.

Back