• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Saw this in my local classifieds. IMSAI

8008guy

Veteran Member
I have no connection with the seller, just passing this along.

len

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51136113

$3,500

A 1977 vintage original IMSAI 8080 computer system, fully integrated with several S-100 boards,including serial/parallel I/O card, 64K STATIC RAM, system includes Shugart SA 800 8" Diskette Storage Drive, Thinker Toys Disk Jockey Controller, Mecadrive dual cassette tape backup system with Alpha-1 controller card, Teleray 3700 C1 CRT Data Terminal with integrated keyboard, and Basic- E (level 4) & CP/M software. I boxed up and put in storage in late 1977.

Everything was operational with no defects when stored. All original user and assembly manuals are included. This is a highly sought-after system by vintage computer collectors, and would be great for display at your school or college, business, or for your personal pleasure. I am 78 years old, and do not want to store it any longer. Everything is pristine, ready to plug & play(not tested since stored). It's museum quality and needs a good home.

It is not a real bad price for a IMSAI and disk drive, compared to going prices on ebay.
It is good to see that he didn't separate the drive and controller to sell each separately. I hate that when that is done. It is like selling a car but taking the engine out because there is a market for them as well.
Dwight

Yeah, that's a good price with the terminal, disk drives, tape backup, etc. Looks like it's very clean.

Hi All;

I wish I had the money, as I would like to get the Meca Alpha-1 subsystem, Decks and cards and Software..

I have such system, but, it never worked well for me, I now know it was Bad memory at the time, and now it's aging parts, on the Decks and Boards..

THANK YOU Marty

Back