• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for ROMs

new_castle_j

Experienced Member
IMS_A971.jpgIMS A645.jpgIMS_A444.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping that somebody out there has an S-100 card from Industrial Micro Systems or L/F Technologies with a ROM chip labeled "IPL ALL" This was a later revision of their boot ROM that I would find useful. The ROM would typically be installed on any of the 3 boards I have attached pictures of, the A971 Z80 board, the A645 Z80, or the 444 Serial/Parallel I/O board. Please contact me if you've got one and are willing to share.

Many Thanks!!!

IMS A1100 Winchester Disk Card RevC.jpg

The "IPL ALL" ROM enables a system with one of their Z80-451, Z80-645, or Z80-971 processor boards to boot from their 1100 series Winchester disk controllers (picture attached). In case anybody has a system with an unlabeled ROM and an 1100 card in the same, it might be the one I need.

Thank You!!

So you have an IMS 8000 with a Winchester card and disk? I've been looking for a card that would allow mine to interface to an mfm drive I have - all the cards I see on eBay are the Winchester type though. Do you also have the required personality board? There are are load for sale on eBay atm.

Unfortunately, my IMS system is earlier than yours and floppy based.

Not sure if I mentioned via PM that I have a copy of someone else's ROM from a crumar gds synthesizer.

http://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77037&start=105

His is a slightly later version of my i/o board - like the one in your 3rd pic but minus the RTC.

I'd be interested in pics/video of your system - it's obviously technically further on than mine. Think I read elsewhere on this forum that you have your machine working with TurboDOS?

I have a few TurboDOS systems from different companies, Intercontinental Micro, Teletek, Northstar, and Industrial Microsystems. This latest project I'm working on is an IMS 5000, which is nearly complete, with the exception of a hard disk. There are 2 options for hard disk support on IMS systems. The earlier WD Controller model A821 which also requires a separate interface board (pictures attached), or the later A1100 controller. The current ROM I have should work with the A821, but I do not have the required separate interface board for the hard disk. The A1100 is a better controller and will connect directly to a winchester hard disk but requires the elusive "IPL ALL" version of boot ROM which I'm currently seeking. I will put some pictures up if I get it all together.

821 Adaptor Board.jpgIMS A821.jpg

Do you have the manual for the A1100 card? I've been looking across the web for it but no go so far. There is one for sale on eBay ATM, keep thinking it would be an interesting acquisition if one of us comes across the IPL ROM you have asked about. I assume you have the A1100 already but 'just' need the correct ROM?

Yes, I do have the manual for the 1100 controller, and I also have a few 1100 controllers in my stash so I don't need the one up on Ebay. I will send the manual to you.

Thank you - that would be most helpful. I forget how we transfer files on forums, via PM? Do you need an email address?

I didn't bid on the A1100 yesterday - I dont have enough info yet to see if adding an MFM hard drive to my system is possible or not - the manual will certainly help though.

...Just found the manual in my inbox - thanks for that. Once you have actually got hold of the IPL ALL ROM, the setup procedure seems pretty simple - really should have bid on that A1100 yesterday! Oh well, perhaps another will turn up someday.

I know this is an old thread. But I was digging through my stash of S-100 boards and ran into one of the IMS or L/F 1100 Winchester controller cards. I was wondering if anyone needs an image of the EPROM on it. It is labeled 1100 DMA Firmware V2.2 43A9. Also, does anyone have a manual for this card or knows where to locate it online?

Thanks
David

Back