• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Solid State Music (SSM) PB1 EPROM Programmer

deramp5113

Veteran Member
I noticed several of the Solid State Music (SSM) PB1 EPROM Programmer boards sold on eBay recently. This prompted me to restore a PB1 I've had sitting around for a year or two.

As part of the restoration, I ported Martin Eberhard's programming software for the Cromemco Bytesaver board to work with the SSM-PB1. This is a full featured programming package that runs under CP/M. So if you're one of the new owners of the SSM-PB1 EPROM board and are looking for programming software, here's a link:

http://deramp.com/downloads/eprom_programmers/ssm-pb1/

Mike

While working through a large quantity of Exidy Sorcerer floppies that were imaged around a decade ago I came across a file EPROM.ASM for the SSM PB1 EPROM Programmer.

I haven't been able to find this file online anywhere although I was able to find a binary identical copy of the accompanying EPROM.DOC file here:

Unfortunately the .ASM suffix is not a file type that I am allowed to upload as an attachment so I can appended an additional extension to overcome that shortcoming. If you find that this file assembles (and even better that it works) please report back here.

Attachments

• EPROM.ASM.TXT
    7.6 KB · Views: 12
The code assembles without error and works with my SSM-PB1 board. I’ll upload the program to my archive soon. Rhanks for dinging this and making it available!

Back