• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Magnetic Peripherals / Control Data Corporation BR8A8B 8"floppy switch settings

Alan Sutton

Hi all, I have a pair of very nice 8: floppy drives in a powered enclosure that I am looking for information to set the switches on the control PWA. The drives are Magnetic Peripherals / Control Data Corporation BR8A8B models as far as I have been able to determine. Can anyone point me towards an online source for this info or have a manual that they can send me a copy from showing the settings? I would like to get them tested with my Micromation system and then offer them for sale. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Best regards, Alan Sutton

Thanks for the Links. The documents match very closely to what I have. The PWA layout and switches appear to be virtually identical and I will try to match what I can to the settings for SHUGART drives connected to the Micromation controller. Just hope I dont let out any magic smoke on the controller or drive. I will let you know how it goes. These may be the double sided drives I need to read your disk. THANKS

Thanks for the Links. The documents match very closely to what I have. The PWA layout and switches appear to be virtually identical and I will try to match what I can to the settings for SHUGART drives connected to the Micromation controller. Just hope I dont let out any magic smoke on the controller or drive. I will let you know how it goes. These may be the double sided drives I need to read your disk. THANKS

The Magnetic Peripherals BR8A8B appears to be the drives used inside the HP 9895 I have. Thanks very much for the manual CDC manual references, it's a close match! It should enable me to repair the drives.

Back