• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gegory Electrics?

Lynn

I was wondering if anyone had any info about this company? I spotted the name in this auction ( which I sadly didn't win -- guess I'll have to keep looking for another IMSAI ^^; ).

I've tried to google, but not much has come up -- it looks like it's just an IMSAI 8080 with a different brand on the front panel -- even the back still has an IMSAI 8080 S/N.

Pictures (not mine) from the auction attached in case they become unavailable later.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (2).jpg

I was the first bidder on that auction - went for far more that I was prepared to pay - around $3.5K as I recall. It was a fully loaded machine with what looked like a load of proprietary industrial control S100 cards in it. It also had another 'interesting' looking power supply arrangement.

Be interested to find out who bought it and what all those cards were.

Be interested to find out who bought it and what all those cards were.

I was able to at least identify that two of the cards were RAM-4A, and I suspect one of the cards near the front is a Matrox ALT256 or similar -- at least what I can see from the picture seems to match with the image on s100computers.com

I also think there's at least a serial I/O and disk controller in there, but the rest is guesswork -- particularly because I'm *far* from experienced with this stuff ^^;

Back