• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 100 w/DVI

framer

Veteran Member
The computer and the front of the DVI had been yellow as the sun, won't boot do to a bad cap, on and off video when I got this unit. I re-caped the computer, re-caped the DVI, retrobrighted the cases and installed a 2nd floppy drive. After a year of looking for just the right monitor found this line new 12" Goldstar amber monitor for $50.00 to finish off the unit. This is just how my setup was back in the 80's. I had a small monitor that was amber in color, I don't remember the make but it looked the same~ .

It has made a fine addition to my collection.

The monitor in the photo was in 40 col mode but you can set the DVI to 80 col with a width=80 command.

IMG_0909.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0909.JPG Views:	0 Size:	203.0 KB ID:	1219515

I was hoping to get a Tandy VM-2 monitor but have yet to fine on in nice condition.

framer

Back in the day it was nice to be able to write small custom basic programs to help me in my business. You had to be good at keeping things efficient and small to maximize what you had.

Wow - that looks incredible! Now I need to find a DVI ...

(I'm still new to the 100/102 ... I have a lot of exploring to do.)

Thanks for the heads-up, but wow, that one went fast. I have to get more active on my hunting.

-Mike

Not a terrible price either.

I really need to get myself a model 100 or 102.

That Goldstar monitor looks great by the way. I remember even into the late 90's Goldstar monitors were pretty decent for the price. I honestly cant say the same for modern LG.

Back