• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sept. 2021 edition of TRS8BIT now available

Dustym

Experienced Member
Hi everyone
just to let you know the Sept. 2021 edition of TRS8BIT is now available from the downloads page at trs-80.org.uk

In this issue, E.T. Fonehume has a BASIC one-liner to run Kaprekar's Constant. Maurits Van Wijland upgrades a M4 from 16K to 64K in a very detailed article. Lawrence Kesteloot has an upgrade on TRS80-TOOL. 'Noel's Retro Lab' reviews a vintage chip tester in kit form. Ian Mavric sorts out 'contact fatigue' on a M3/4 bus and improves a heavy duty power supply. He also concludes his series of building the 'Super Micro Mk 2'. Pascal Holdry brings us news from France and finds there's a new type of enthusiast. Harold Finch sets us another brain-teaser. Paul T Metcalf shows a M1 using an MDHI monitor. There's also details of running trs80gp on a Raspberry Pi 400 (nothing less than a worlds first), a look at some of the Ebay (UK) bargains from the last 3 months and there's a bargain for someone in the 'For Sale & Wanted' feature. There's the usual feature of 'The Way We Were' and 'Assembler Bytes Back' and to end this veritable ‘feast-of-fun’, the final details of this year's competition. It's a must-read for any Tandy/TRS-80 enthusiast!

I hope you all find something of interest

Take care & stay safe
Dusty

Where can I find the Aculab-ROM and some tape files to experiment? :)

The trs80gp documentation has instructions on how to use the Aculab emulation: http://48k.ca/trs80gp.html#wafer

Just run "trs80gp -m1 -aft". Then look under the Wafer -> Manual... menu for information on how to activate the BASIC command extensions and what they are. You can insert a blank tape image and write new files to it.

That's all there is to it.

The trs80gp documentation has instructions on how to use the Aculab emulation
I mean the ROM file that is already built into the trs80gp binary (like "esfrom.z80" for the Exatron in XTRS/SDLTRS) ... :)

Back