• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Incompetent eBay seller

I'm confused. Where's the incompetence? The listing specifies an 8 inch floppy. Is that not what's pictured?

Yeah, I'm seeing an 8" disk as well. The model II exclusively used 8" disks compared to the rest of the series before and after which use 5.25"

The write -protect sticker is in the front on the floppy (5.25" is on the right side), so looks 8" to me.

Actually, MikeModified is right in a way, although probably unintentionally. The seller should have charged double, put TRS-80 in the description and they probably would have easily sold it to some Model II nuts like myself.

BTW, I see the shipping is US Mail. I surely hope they ship in a rigid container because the mailman will certainly bend that disk to fit in a standard mailbox. Trust me. I know.

Well, I have seen a couple of auctions before that referred to 5.25" disks as 8" or vice versa. It's easy to get things backwards some times.

Although, it can be difficult to gauge the size of things from eBay photos sometimes. Recently I bought a software package where the manual looked like an average small three-ring binder. But it turned out to be surprisingly large. The pages were the maximum size my scanner would take. It was probably trying to make itself look impressive when the software wasn't (accounting software) or it was appealing to people with poor eyesight.

There was a UK seller putting out boxes of NOS Memorex SS DD 8" floppies for £10 a pop. I have two boxes which should last as I am not really using them (and I intend to sort my cheapo IDE / CP/M drivers out at some point so I won't need them as much). Listings like this one make me laugh! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221518555945

Back