• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy TL/3 VGA No Picture

Fanatik

Experienced Member
I tried out 2 different VGA cards known to work on 8-bit systems and I can't get either display an image. Any suggestions?

Did you check the Radio Shack Support archive link that I gave you in your RLX thread??? Hint: there's a very good chance the answer is there.

Yup, read it all. The issue was that the jumpers were wrong on the 8900d Card I bought, luckily I found the manual online. Everything is working great now! FYI the ESS Audiodrive is the best soundcard I have found to use on the Tandy TL/3. It doesn't interfere with anything and has great soundblaster support. The setup is a TL/3, xt-ide to CF hdd, Trident 8900d, with an ESS Audiodrive card (1869 model).

I tried out 2 different VGA cards known to work on 8-bit systems and I can't get either display an image. Any suggestions?

Does the TL/3 have the extra 128K ram on the motherboard for video? Even if you disable Tandy graphics I’ve read some folks had to physically remove the extr ram to use a VGA card.

Yes, I installed the extra 128k of ram. I haven't tried it without the extra ram. As I said, it works great now. The card is an update to the one pictured, mine is an 1869 board model # A151-10, the one pictured is an 1868. I used all of the drivers for an 1868 from Phil's Computer Lab. Works awesome.

Back