• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Graphyx Solution High Resolution Board for TRS-80 Model III Installation Instructions

Boglify

Going through my large collection of TRS-80s, I came across a Model III board from one that had a smashed CRT that had a Graphyx Solution High Resolution board installed. Unsure whether the micro clips were correctly attached, I searched everywhere for an instruction manual to no avail. I also searched all the TRS-80 web sites, also with no success. It seems that the manual is virtually impossible to find!
The good news is that later I found the full installation instructions (pages 3 to 13 only) from what maybe the original manual. I have scanned them and created a PDF that I want to make available to anyone who needs it on this forum.
I am a new subscriber and will attach the PDF later if anyone is interested.

Graphyx Solution Micro Clip Connection Diagram

Attached is a diagram of the micro clip connections for the Graphyx Solution High Resolution board for the TRS-80 Model III.
Unfortunately I could not upload the full instructions due to file size limitation (any way to upload larger files?), but this is the all important connection diagram.
NOTE:
1. Remove the integrated circuits U67 and U81 carefully and insert them in the Graphyx board. They cannot be misplaced as they are different sizes. Removable IC sockets should be used to raise the board slightly.
2. The ribbon cable should be pushed onto U20. A small piece of double sided tape should be placed between the IC and the ribbon cable plug to keep it in place.
3. The grey clip does NOT need to be connected if the main board trace has NOT been cut.
4. The brown clip connects to pin 2 of the video plug that is at the top right of the main board. Pull the pin out and attach the brown micro clip to the pin and tape together. Replace the plug minus the pin 2 connection.
5. Recheck and test.

I have no idea how to activate high resolution graphics using this board. I understand there was a test program available and a basic alternative called GBasic. I don't have either, nor have I been able to see if my Graphyx Solution board works. If anyone has this software, a copy would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Graphyx Solution Micro Clip Connection Diagram.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 9

PDF attached.

Attachments

• Graphyx Solution Micro Clip Connection Diagram.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 6
Hi gonk23,
Thank you for the link. I searched everywhere and never found this! Must be getting old. The instructions I already have are just part of the full manual, so when I get around to installing the board and running some of the available software on another Model III, I'll be able to explore its full potential. Thanks again.

Back