• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Diagnostics

danielbooneamerica

Experienced Member
As I am collecting all my TRS80 stuff in one place for a final sale I just found something that may interest others.

When I had a shop and worked closely with local RS repair center they gave me my own official models 1/3/4 diagnostic disk.

It has its own OS sort of, what I mean is you do not boot DOS then run programs, this boots to a diagnostics menu.

I have no 5.25 I would trust putting this perhaps rare floppy in.

If someone wants make arrangements to duplicate and perhaps place on forum and make available to others or something hit me up.

Daniel

I've used Imagedisk to create Preservation images of the 30+ year old Floppy. The second backup (write protected copy)
was bad, but the other floppy worked great. Appears to be a nice set of diagnostics. Anyone wanting a copy of the Image(s)
Please PM me your specific request along with a valid email address.

Larry

TRS-80 RS diagnostic disk has been collected in 3 places already but unsure if it is from an original copy.
can you share an image of the diskette label?

But if you have original always interesting to get a copy done. I can pay postage and return it to you when done.
Easy peasy with copycat and gotek drive, it will take 2 mins.

Patrick,
The Floppy has a Hand written label. It is a TRSDOS floppy and Ver 1.3 of the Diagnostics, so I suspect it is only for
the Model 3 and 4.

I can email you the IMD file if you are interested.

Larry

What about BASCOM and all the tools that go with it from Microsoft for Model 4. Does everyone have a copy of this?

I have not seen a copy on any websites but I dont get to them all.

D

Hello, got all your emails. I am not sure about BASCOM. I am not comfortable trying to post this for public download as Microsoft is alive and well. Not sure how long it takes for copyright to expire but I am sure its still good.

With Bill getting a divorce he may need to go find more revenue.

But if your serious about needing to compile MS BASIC to fast executable runtime PM me.

Thanks

Back