• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TAM on Ebay

If they're lucky, it's the PRAM battery. But even if it's an inverter board problem or something, it shouldn't be excessively expensive to fix. The fact it makes happy noises strongly suggests the motherboard is working.

Both my TAMs weren't cheap. The main one I use I got for a decent price from someone who knew it was going to a good home, but it was certainly more than $300. (However, it was also maxed out with an L2 G3, RAM and other upgrades.)

I figured. I wouldn't mind having one but have never been willing to pay the price. I think modernity has kind of taken away some of the allure for me.

$300 is pretty damn good for a boxed TAM. I've had to use two different machines in the recent past and I can tell you that internally they are just a nightmare.
Pretty to look at but I'd rather never own one again since they are both fragile and unreliable.

I must be one of the few people who think those machines are ugly. For $300 somebody got a deal and could make money if they flip it. I do wonder how many people lust after that machine, buy one and once they get it working get bored and sell it.

$300 is pretty damn good for a boxed TAM. I've had to use two different machines in the recent past and I can tell you that internally they are just a nightmare.
Pretty to look at but I'd rather never own one again since they are both fragile and unreliable.

Why, it's like Apple just pulled a lot of parts from systems they had lying around and put it in a sexed up case. ;)

Mind you, I like my TAM. But for conversation pieces, the iMac G4 seems to get more interest from the uninitiated. Its design seems to have aged better.

Yeah. I think it's just a passage of time thing. It had a totally different effect on me in the late 90s, when desktops with LCDs were far less common and everything was beige. It looks really cool back then. Now I kinda look at it as something I wouldn't mind as a display piece.. but not for $1-3k.

Back