• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Large lot of Macs on eBay

SomeGuy

Veteran Member
I saw this auction on eBay and thought it was rather interesting

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363319997512?nordt=true

It is a big lot of Mac machines, such as Plus, SE, Classic, and such. Also an Atari thrown in there.

The third picture shows something that looks HP-ish, but I'm not sure what that is.

According to the listing, this is all located in Vernal, Utah. Off hand, they look in good condition.

Ended due to error in listing. I think they probably underestimated the cost to ship that lot. Also, a zero feedback seller? Do you really want to take a chance it isn't a scam? For something big and bulky like that, you have to use freight shipping. UPS/FedEx/USPS won't touch it. You also have to have a loading dock and a forklift at the drop off location otherwise you have to pick it up at the freight depot. You would also need a truck or van to take all that home in. You're not fitting it in a car. It's not worth buying a lot of bulky items like that, that has to be palletized and wrapped, unless it's local and you can go pick it up yourself.

Well, both problems would be fixed if they broke the sale in to individual listings, and started with something small. Of course, not everybody has that kind of time. When I see this kind of sale just "end" unsold, I still cringe, hoping they didn't just put it in the trash.

Back