• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Zenith Z-60 Luggable

rosietheriviter

I have an old Zeinth Z-60 (I am pretty sure that is what it is) luggable. It has a dual disk drive, orange screen. All parts are present and accounted for and here is the best part...IT WORKS! It was tossed out from the University of Minnesota Computer Lab. I was lucky enough to rescue it. It also has...a modem! :shock: Someone probably thought they had the cats meow ages ago when they got it! It weighs 42 pounds and quite honestly, the novelty has worn off for me. I know it is a rare piece, even more so that it works. It would be best if someone would be able to pick it up when purchasing. If you are interested, e-mail me a fair offer. I am open to all. If you want photos, let me know, I will be happy to send you some.

Rosie

Rosie,

I sold one of those a while back. The shipping from MI to FL ran $50.00, so take that into consideration in your pricing. Fourty + pounds is a lot to ship, and the over-size carton adds something too. Good luck selling it tho, they really are nice machines. I found myself buying another (smaller, lighter) Zenith on eBay just last week. Found that I just can't do without a Zenith in my collection. I really like the MFM-xxx Monitor program in ROM, I used to play with it all the time.
What helped sell mine was to place an ad in the Heath/Zenith forum on CompuServe, with a link to this site. My customer found me by that route. Oh, BTW, I think what you have is probably a Z-160 or 161 (with the disk drives that pop-up out of the top, right?).

--T

dcfree said:
Is it a Z-160 or Z-60? I have www.thepcmuseum.net and I am interested.
Dave Freeman
dfreeman@acpsuperstore.com
714-558-8822

Wow, Dave, I was just browsing around your website last night. Impressive!

The Zenith luggable I used to have was a Z-160, (150-Series, according to the manual). Zenith also made another, later model of luggable which was slightly smaller & lighter. It was called the Z-148, IIRC. I used to have one of them too, but it is now in the collection of an old friend of mine. It only had two 8-bit expansion slots inside, mounted paralell to the mainboard. Just enough to have one for a memory board & another for a HDD controller. I've never heard of a Zenith Z-60 before, tho. (A quick google search on "Zenith Z-60" failed to turn up anything either).

--T

Back