• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free in Califonia: Commodore PET + Drives + Printer

Soupwizard

Experienced Member
Well, I've always wanted a commodore pet, so I've managed to acquire a system over the last few months. Now that I have it, I realize I don't have enough time to devote to it, so I'm passing it on.

Free for pickup in Santa Barbara, California are:

1 - Commodore 8032 (with manual)
1 - 8050 drive unit (with manual)
1 - 4040 drive unit (with manual)
1 - Commodore IEEE dot matrix printer (can't remember the model#)
1 - Commodore pet to ieee cable

It's all in good shape. I never actually turned any of it on - I always thought the PETs looked cool, and they do. But when I got it all together I said "hey, it does look cool", then stuck it all in my storage unit. Guess I'll stick with my trusty C64.

email or pm, and I'll post when someone is scheduled to pick it up.

Jeff

Are you nutz!!!

It's worth a lot of $$$:shocked:

Well, I got the 8032, 8050, & cable for free for the cost of a little gas. The 4040 and printer I think I paid $70 for. I could sell all of them on ebay for some money, but it would take more time than it's really worth to me at the moment. And it's all untested. (the cable would be an easy to sell item, but then the rest of the stuff won't work tegether).

Plus, since I've been the recipient of free vintage stuff, I might as well pass around the good luck.

If anyone wants to pick it up for me, I'll ship it...

The hobby of collecting vintage computers isn't about making money(now, anyhow), but is about the spreading of joy and knowledge of the machines.

--Ryan

Hmmm...California is the closest US State to New Zealand (excluding Hawaii)...I wonder....

Tempting, but too far to swim, especially if I have to tow the thing back :)

My congratulations to the lucky person who gets this, and I tip my hat to soupwizard for showing such generosity.

Tez

Jeff may not want to have the trouble of packing it so it will survive a rough shipping, therefore only local pickup to anyone who comes first. It may be worth $$$ but if the package gets malhandled and arrived partly smashed, he'd get a disappointed customer and perhaps some $$$ chargeback.

Hmmm...California is the closest US State to New Zealand (excluding Hawaii)...I wonder....

Tempting, but too far to swim, especially if I have to tow the thing back :)

My congratulations to the lucky person who gets this, and I tip my hat to soupwizard for showing such generosity.

Tez

Agreed. This is a fantastic deal and props to soupwizard for making it available to the members of this community. Now if only I lived in California ... ;)

Back