• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Commodore SX-64

beth197530

Hi this is my first time here to this forum. If I post wrongly plz forgive me. I have a Commodore SX-64 for sale. Its in great shape. It has a Commodore Monitor, the joysticks, and ALOT of games. So pm me and we will discuss prices and shipping.

Where are you located? Folks might want to know for shipping considerations.

Presuming myself among that audience of 'folks', I concur! Good ol' heavy Commodore monitors cost a fortune in shipping on eBay and I would give a lot to see one in my general vicinity (in other words, one that wouldn't cost 110$ to get to my house).

At least the SX-64 monitor is only 5" or so, i.e. built-in. :) But the whole computer probably weighs some 10-15 kg anyway. In this case location is not only important due to shipping expenses, but also the fact that a PAL (European) SX-64 appears to be worth 2-3 times as much as a NTSC (American) SX-64.

If it hasnt been spoken for already, what part of NY are you in? I've wanted to aquire a Commodor 64 for a while, I live in Syracuse.

Im asking $450, which includes the monitor and all the floppy games. Im very new at this never have sold anything on the internet, so i dont know about shipping.

$450 is a bit more than the going price for a PAL SX-64 in Europe. They usually lands around 200 euro for a loose one.

The only boxed SX-64 I've ever seen at an online auction site went for some where between $800 and $900 (roughly converted fron SEK to USD). A friend sold it at a Swedish auctions site. And it was a NTSC SX-64...

// Z

I was just saying $450 is a bit much for an SX-64 in the states....

fleaBay complete items search:

Non-working one - $10.49
Didn;t sell - $79.95 buy-it-now
Sold - $283 - some disks and programs
Sold - $76.00 - all cables, manual, C= cable-bag
Sold - $248.50 - Nic ebundle - JiffyDOS, all cables, 2 joysticks, programs...

I'd say market average price for an SX-64 right now, is about $150-200.
In the states, that is - can't speak for EU.

T

Im asking $450, which includes the monitor.

Isn't it a given that the monitor is included? Are you sure you have a portable C-64?

I also think the price is quite steep, even if shipping is included... unless it's a model with two floppy drives.

Actually, the SX-64 has a standard Commodore video output as well as the built-in screen. I believe Beth is selling it together with this extra monitor for desktop use.

Back