• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Atari SM124 monitor

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
I've got one here in perfect condition just begging to be sold. I believe it was made for the ST series of Atari computers. Last time I am offering before it is trash. It works and is monochrome in nature. white on black, IIRC.

Make me an offer. Ask for pics if you want 'em.

--Ryan

Last edited:
The Sm124 was a mono hi-res monitor as opposed to the medium-res color ST monitor. It's black text on paper White.
Some of the ST music programs required it as well as such as the acclaimed Calamus Desktop Publishing program. It produces excellent clear resolution text and is valued highly by most of the Atari ST music community. There were many ST programs which required it and several programs which emulated it were produced such as Sebra. For anyone wanting to use an ST for music, using for example Steinbergs amazing programs, it's essential.
Please don't trash it. Offer it on an ST forum or the ST Midi forum on Yahoo. If not I will certainly take it for shipping costs even tho I have 2 of them now.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Ya, obviously I dont want to trash it, but I am moving soon and want to get it out of my hair. I wish I could've gotten into Atari computers, but midi just isn't something I need in an older computer and I will stick to a trusty Atari 2600 for gaming.

I didn't realize it was such a jewel and wont trash it seems it is valued so much. I'd rather not join a forum just for one post. Could someone who is a member of an Atari forum link to this thread on one? It would certainly help out in this adventure.

--Ryan

EDIT: Thanks for the extra information, BTW. It is helpful to me, but mostly to those who may be interested.

How much is shipping to Ohio (44509), I have a 1040stf and the color monitor, but would not mind a mono if its cheap enough to ship.

isn't something I need in an older computer and I will stick to a trusty Atari 2600 for gaming. [/QUOTE said:
You might try some of the Atari 8-bit machines and programs. They are a giant step above the 2600 but still retaining some of the basic allure of the 2600 as opposed to most of the "realistic" shoot-em-ups of present-day machines. The Flight-sim program which came with the Atari XEGS had maps of the LA, Ohare, and Laguardia airports which makes me wonder why after 7/11, Dubya's gestapo didn't require them to be turned in, on penalty of being incarcerated in Guantanimo for non-compliance. :^)

Uh-Oh is that a black helicopter outside my house or only an over-revved Semi- ??

Lawrence

Good luck getting someone to take care of your SM124. In Sweden, those are impossible to sell, and even giving it away for shipping costs is more expensive than it is worth. Perhaps if you bring it to a swap meet, someone would accept it as a gift, but the monetary value (at least on this side of the pond) doesn't seem to be higher than that. :-(

I couldn't care less if I get money or not. I would LIKE to get some as to help fund my move this summer, and even though I've well surpassed my goal, I think a replacement for this 333MHz iMac is a little overdue. Had to sell my main computer for gas money(sad, aint it! It'll be sadder if I have to sell a vintage machine for the same purpose....Tandy 1000SX anyone?), and I sure do miss watching video....besides, I just got a nice 21" monitor in, and it is limited to a TV for now.

Anyhow, getting back on track...

Seems I have had and will likely never have any use for that monitor, I dont mind if it sells for squat. As long as I don't have to pay to get rid of it, I think I'll be just fine.

Micom, interesting you should bring up the airport maps. My Flight Simulator 2 that I have has, in it's manual, large (fold-out) detailed maps of main airports in Chicago, LA, Washington, and I THINK NY as well. Also has the VOR and all that stuff printed for them. It comes in handy when flying in the game, but I don't know how useful a map from the 80s could be of, seems the airports likely have had a make-over. Hell, Meigs Field doesn't even exist anymore!(Default takeoff location from FS-1-FS 2004). Couldn't you get that sort of thing online?

--Ryan

ATTN:

UPS "Calculate Time and Cost" is apparently down, since yesterday. I will get your quote for shipping the fastest I physically can. Be advised that USPS quoted $20 Parcel Post, so UPS should charge about the same for the well-packed 20.5LBs package.

--Ryan

Using the Windows XP school computers, I was able to calculate time and cost. Maybe UPS fixed the site, maybe the site(like some do) just didn't like my iMac running OSX 10.3.9, hard to tell. Anyhow, below, I copy and pasted the shipping to a zipcode in Ohio, and it should be roughly the same anywhere else in the continental USA:
UPS Ground

Billable Weight: 21.0 lbs.
By End of Day
Wednesday
May 21, 2008 15.54 USD*

That "3" is days in transit, BTW, if I shipped it today.

--Ryan

I am looking for a hi-res atari monitor, but am in Canada. They are harder to find up here it seems. Are there any color hi-res monitors for Atari ST out there? Otherwise this is the model I need, the only hi-res I know of.

if you can reply here i'll know it's not sold or thrown out already and we can go from there.

thanks!

Back