• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Nec Pc 8201a

compaqxp

Experienced Member
For sale: NEC PC 8201A

The NEC Pc is in pretty good condition, it has, to what I know 12Kb's of memory (I may be wrong), A power adapter, And the computer it's self.

The NEC PC works very well, the screen is nice and crisp, and the body it's self is in good condition. It has some moderate wear on the two front corners.

Two of the screws were the memory goes are gone but the third one is still there.

I haven't looked inside the computer so I don't know what it looks like in their.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

PM me offers.

Last edited:
If you remove that last screw, pop open the door, and count the number of sockets filled in the 6 right-most sockets (labelled RAMxx where xx=1-6 I think) that will tell us how much RAM it has in it.

all 6 filled in is two 32kb banks. rightmost 2 would be 1 32kb bank, the other 4 are for the 2nd 32kb bank.

It is only possible to have a max of 96kb RAM on these:
32KB first bank (internal 2 sockets, plus 2 rightmost sockets in the memory are underneath)
32kb second bank ( 3rd through 6th sockets, right to left, in memory area underneath)
32kb third bank, in a 32kb cartridge in the cartridge port on left side.

Most came with the internal filled (two 8kb RAM chips, and after housekeeping, 12kb or so available) giving 16kb total, 12xxx bytes free in the lower right-hand corner, and the other 6 sockets underneath in the trap-door empty. The left 2 are, in order from left to right, the main system ROM, and the Option ROM.

Tony

Back