• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

4 Macintosh Computers

Bionic

This is only my second post. I recycle and refurbish PC's for a living. Sometimes I come across Apple Computers. I am not Apple savvy, so I usually disassemble the systems for recycling.

I just recently discovered this website/forum and decided to join. I saved 4 Apple Macintosh computers to see if there would be any interest here at this forum. I have the following Mac's for sale:

1- Centris 610

2- LCIII's

1- 7300/180

4- Apple Keyboard II's

If anyone is interested, please email me at bionic@nconnect.net or call me at 414-322-8386 and leave a message. All reasonable offers accepted. Items are located in Dodge County, Wisconsin. They are relatively heavy systems and therefore shipping may be a bit expensive.

Thanks,
Marty

I found, through experience, as you soon will too, that most old Macs aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.

I have a stack of them, all working, but, they aren't worth my time to put them for sale on my website as the shipping would cost more than I could get for them.

Mac users, by and large, are more interested in what the "latest and greatest" is, not in the lineage of their "soon to be obsoleted" current computer.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate knowing that. I will stick to recycling the Mac's.

What about the older II's and II//e's ??

I see a bit a bit of interest in those. Is it a good idea to hold on to them?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate knowing that. I will stick to recycling the Mac's.

II's are more collectible and sought after than most macs. But about the apple II keyboards, are they from a IIe or II+/II?

Pretty much anything that says Apple (without the Mac) is worth some money, maybe even early A-I-O Mac units like the 128 and plus. Apple Is and Lisas do quite well.

He didn't say Apple II keyboards, he said Apple Keyboard IIs (for Macs)

I found, through experience, as you soon will too, that most old Macs aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.

I have a stack of them, all working, but, they aren't worth my time to put them for sale on my website as the shipping would cost more than I could get for them.

Druid6900,

I just found that I have a need for an SE/30 with some RAM and a hard drive. Failing that an SE with HD floppy and a hard drive. The cost of shipping doesn't bother me one bit.

Would you consider an offer to buy one of your systems a means of building good will between us?

Sean

Tony,

Isn't it past our bedtimes? :)

I don't believe that I've made anybody on the VCFs angry. I'm just big on building consensus and goodwill. Like any politician:)

The reason that I asked to buy an old Mac is that I have started using USENET again, accessing it via Google Groups. Last night (which really seems like 'earlier tonight' to me) Google informed me that I had reached the upper limit of allowable posts. But I haddn't finished answering all the questions that people had asked me yesterday.

I have a program (somewhere in this mess of an apartment) called MacSOUP. It is an awesome newsreader with bucoup features. I'd like to start using it again. The funny thing is, to activate the program, I will have to set the calendar back to the year (or so) that it came out, then put in the password. After I do that I can set the calendar back to the current date.

I have a dial-up account that I haven't used in years. I've just been maintaining it for in case a situation like this came up.

Sean

Druid6900,

I just found that I have a need for an SE/30 with some RAM and a hard drive. Failing that an SE with HD floppy and a hard drive. The cost of shipping doesn't bother me one bit.

Would you consider an offer to buy one of your systems a means of building good will between us?

Sean

Love to, however, no SEs left.

Mostly "pizza boxes" some power PCs and a LC AIO

Sorry

Love to, however, no SEs left.

Mostly "pizza boxes" some power PCs and a LC AIO

Sorry

You know, now that I think about it, that would work even better. Basically I'd like to run MacSOUP and an old version of Netscape. I'm thinking that eight megs of RAM ought to do it. Have you got anything that's got that much? I'd really like a Mac with the ADB bus for a special keyboard that I have.

I can't remember if my copy of MacSOUP will run on a Power PC. Do you know if a PPC can run a 68k application? Perhaps I could just use netscape.

I was thinking that having a color printer would be cool. Do you know if they made them back then, and what they were called?

Thanks for all of your help.

Sean

Give me a couple of days to dig them up out of the Mac Section of what used to be my Livingroom and I'll let you know what I have.

A 68K app should run on a PPC, but, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have mouses, modem, keyboards, I know I have an ethernet card in one of them and I have some of the imagewriter series of colour inkjet printers as well.

Ok, just so I don't have to go through them all, it's the PPCs that you would be interested in, right?

Give me a couple of days to dig them up out of the Mac Section of what used to be my Livingroom and I'll let you know what I have.

A 68K app should run on a PPC, but, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have mouses, modem, keyboards, I know I have an ethernet card in one of them and I have some of the imagewriter series of colour inkjet printers as well.

Ok, just so I don't have to go through them all, it's the PPCs that you would be interested in, right?

Yes, thanks, I am interested in a PPC. I don't know how to use an ethernet card. I could use another modem. I have lots of mice but a backup keyboard would be nice to have.

This is awesome, Druid.

Sean

Ok, the only PowerPC I have left (must have sold the other ones) is a 6100/66 with the CD-ROM option. Are you interested in that? If so, I'll pull it out of the pile and let you know what it has. I know it has a new battery because I had to buy a dozen for this lot.

I also have a Centris something and a couple of Quadra 6xx units among the LC (x) stuff and at least 1 IIsi. Monitors, scanners, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe an Apple /// or a nice Apple II+ ?

Ok, the only PowerPC I have left (must have sold the other ones) is a 6100/66 with the CD-ROM option. Are you interested in that? If so, I'll pull it out of the pile and let you know what it has. I know it has a new battery because I had to buy a dozen for this lot.

I also have a Centris something and a couple of Quadra 6xx units among the LC (x) stuff and at least 1 IIsi. Monitors, scanners, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe an Apple /// or a nice Apple II+ ?

Druid,

A 6100/66 with the CD-ROM option is perfect. I could use a monitor to go with it, too. Shipping is to U.S.A. Zip code 98105.

Thanks,
Sean

It might be easier (and a LOT cheaper on shipping) to get an HD-45 to Mac VGA adapter and then a Mac to PC VGA adapter and use a VGA monitor you have laying around.

However, it might have a NU-Bus video accelerator. As luck would have it, it's at the bottom of one of the piles.

Ok, we're at the point where we should be taking this off the thread, so, PM me with list of all the stuff you want and we'll talk price :)

It might be easier (and a LOT cheaper on shipping) to get an HD-45 to Mac VGA adapter and then a Mac to PC VGA adapter and use a VGA monitor you have laying around.

Druid,

I would want to use the VGA monitor that I just bought off of eBay if I didn't know that Macintosh monitors are better because they have 72 pixels per inch, which makes the images displayed the same size as they print. VGA monitors aren't necessarily like this.

I will PM you.

Sean

Back