• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

8-bit ISA sound blaster NIB

Ah.. my first PC soundcard.. memories of neighbours complaining about Wing Commander II and Wolfenstein 3D blasting out of my hifi-rack..

I payed about $150 for this item back then.. but it was worth it!

Ah.. my first PC soundcard.. memories of neighbours complaining about Wing Commander II and Wolfenstein 3D blasting out of my hifi-rack..

I payed about $150 for this item back then.. but it was worth it!

Wow, I could say pretty much the same thing...

I'll be interested to see if this sells, may have to auction off some of the hardware I've got laying around not being used... :)

Is there any reason why people are not using our marketplace here at vintage-computer.com?

If the answer is that eBay has more traffic I can understand that, but we have a chicken and egg problem.

Any chance you can Winimage those 3.5" & 5.25" floppies before you ship them to the winner? I have that card already but like to have the images of the floppies that shipped with it.

Is there any reason why people are not using our marketplace here at vintage-computer.com?

If the answer is that eBay has more traffic I can understand that, but we have a chicken and egg problem.

That's exactly the problem I had with my auction site, Mike. Buyers wouldn't come if there were few sellers and sellers wouldn't come if there were no buyers.

However, I'm going to be field testing it soon (hopefully with some help from the people here running dummy auctions) and may crank it up for the benefit of the people on my site. I haven't decided yet, but, if I do, I wanted it all tested and debugged first.

Any chance you can Winimage those 3.5" & 5.25" floppies before you ship them to the winner? I have that card already but like to have the images of the floppies that shipped with it.

I would, but of all the machines I have I don't have one working floppy drive, of either size. They have all bitten the dust (but I'll check them out). I'll if I can get it done, though. I'll see what I can get done. A friend of mine has a win98se machine he's been working with, so I can do that.

I'll be using the vintage computer marketplace, too, I'm still starting up. I'm already registered, so getting things online shouldn't be a problem.

Nathan

hmm... Let me find out, it's not me selling it directly, it's my friend who owns the store. On consignment for me. I'll get back with you about the handling.

Nathan

I spoke to him, and the price for shipping is what he got from ebay and is on par with stamps.com, with $0.68 for bubble wrap and the rest for good shipping. The box is kind of large, and I would think that it would have to be Priority because of the size and weight, which I don't know right at this moment.

But he told me that it depends on the zip code anyway, so it may be inacurrate for a location for you guys.

Also, please keep in mind, it would be nice if it sells, but the main reason behindthis auction is to get attention to my chuckwagon auctions, and more will be listed to promote my vintage computer auctions. if it doesn't sell on ebay, it'll go on the vintage, then chuckwagon. And it'll be directly from me after this, on my terms.

Nathan

What's the part number on the board? From the picture, it looks like CT1350.

CT1320 - SB 1.0/1.5
CT1330 - SB PRO 1
CT1350 - SB 2.0
CT1600 - SB PRO 2
CT1680 - SB PRO 2 OEM
CT1690 - SB PRO 2 OEM

What's the part number on the board? From the picture, it looks like CT1350.

CT1320 - SB 1.0/1.5
CT1330 - SB PRO 1
CT1350 - SB 2.0
CT1600 - SB PRO 2
CT1680 - SB PRO 2 OEM
CT1690 - SB PRO 2 OEM

It's a Sound Blaster 2.0 without the optional CMS chips, if those were there it would be worth some extra $$$$

News: the card sold, and I have a computer that can image the disks. Now I'm up against time to get it done. Watch for a download to appear from me.

PM for details (especially if it was someone from here that bought it).

Nathan

Back