• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Super modified Kaypro 4

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Got this machine in. Decent enough condition kaypro 4 (NOT IV).
Power-on just displays a squiggly line across the screen horizontally... But, that's not the story...

I popped this sucker open, and it is like the yellow-pages of Kaypro rarities.
Listen to THIS inventory of items installed:

Advent 5MHz TurboBoard, with 2.5<->5 switch in front panel, tastefully installed
Advent 1MB RAMDisk, WITH RTC onboard the host adapter
Advent ProGraphic video board, with ProGraphic TurboROM on mainboard
Advent Personality Module for floppy drives, and has !3! DS/DD FDD's!!! 2HH on top, 1 FH on bottom.

This thing has THE rarest options around! I have personally NEVER even SEEN a ProGraphic board!

Problem may be as simple as swapping the CRT, or mebbe more complicated.
Only thing it needs is the keyboard cable - I use phone handset cables on my machines, without issue.. Of course, keyboard is included!
$300+shipping OBO

Being such a Kaypro nut, why, you ask, would Tony unload this machine?
Well, Tony has WAY too many machines, and I already have a couple Advent RAMDisks, and I have no REAL interest to keep a ProGraphic system, nor yet ANOTHER k4 - have like3 already (including a 4/84), so i figured I'd pass it on to someone else for their collection.

This is a veritable smorgasbord of Kaypro goodies!!!!

EDIT: Hmmm...I stand corrected. Apparently some IC's were missing (being copied) and have been sent to me, so mebbe this IS a working system!
Wow! That would be cool!!!

T

Last edited:
Quick Pics:

IMG_1278.jpg

Look at all those freaking BOARDS!!!!!

IMG_1279.jpg

Back