• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

LOTS of 5.25" discs and drives

A1239872

Hi, I have A LOT of still seeled in wrapper NEVER used 5.25" discs, 10 in each box, 1 for $5, 2 for $8. Drives will be around $10~15. Discs are VERY light, will ship WORLDWIDE for this reason. The drives aren't too heavy either (heck I'm using the drive on my computer right now. I use mine to download softwares and stuff, copy them on the discs than use them on my C64. Its really cool. Please make me offers if ur interested. Thanks!!!

NO USE FOR C64

NO USE FOR C64

Sorry guys, i just found out these dont work for C64 copmuters, these r HD drives... Only for use with PC :( :x

To make matters worse, if the disks are HD too, they have little or no use in a SD/DD drive like the Commodore drives (and I suppose other old computer systems too). Some people make it work, but you don't know for how long or how often you successfully can load what you once stored.

Btw, those were 5.25" HD drives for use as a PC floppy? Sometimes I regret I didn't pick one up when they were dumped around the Uni, but I think my current (non-vintage) PC doesn't have support for those anymore. Still they may be useful for vintage PC collectors/users.

The HD drives are supposed to be backwards compatible, but they never have worked right. I hadda pull the HD drive out of my ol' '386 & pop in a DD drive in order to use it to write CP/M & TRS-80 disks.

--T

Still works with XP!!!

Still works with XP!!!

Just to clear things up, this does work PCs, even my XP supports it!!! :D

Back