• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

various bits & 5.25" floppies near Keele UK

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Hello there, posting this on behalf of the chap I bought an XT from.

He has a couple of Amstrads, a PCW(with the 3" floppies next to the screen) & a PC, a rather interesting looking ICL 286 server motherboard and it's unusual memory expansion cards, Hundreds of 5.25" floppies, some 68010 (socketed) based apple printer boards, and dimms & simms galore, ++++.

He's in Silverdale Staffordshire UK called James Albinson

email "jsalbinson (AT) arcastro (DOT) co (DOT) uk"

He wants rid as soon as poss please otherwise he's taking it to the tip.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'd be interested in some bits and pieces (memory expansion cards?), but I won't be able to pick up stuff there.
I guess he wants it to go in one go.

He was prepared to post the pc etc to me, but I was passing nearby. I think he is pretty busy, so I suppose minimal fuss is in order.
I've edited the original post to reflect that the memory expansions are proprietary (96? way euroconnectors) to ICL. I was actually quite interested in that 286 etc, but wife's face after the second trip to the car persuaded me otherwise.
I did also pick up some microsoft bus mice & have 2 spare mice, I noticed "1980's john" had an interface card up on ebay a week or two back. I can't guarantee they're working though.

& happy birthday Jorg?

Well sadly, unless anyone's emailed him, picked them up & not posted here, they probably are.
T. you've been a bit gappy this spring & summer, all OK????

Back