• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

NorthStar Horizon for Sale

tachyon

Experienced Member
Due to tightened space restraints, I will have to reduce the space my classic computer collection takes up.

I have three systems that are the first on the block.

NorthStar Horizon with 10MB Hard Drive.
Z80 CPU, NorthStar FDC, NorthStar HDC, NorthStar 64K RAM board
200+ diskettes of various types, including a few boxes of NOS blank diskettes. Several manuals and software packages. System does not work as configured. Problem is in memory since dropping a RAM card from another S-100 system into this one allows it to run. Prefer not to ship.

Zenith Z-121 Amber screen system with 768k motherboard, original 192k motherboard, almost complete set of manuals (Owners, Technical, etc.) Considerable amount of software available as copies from second system's diskettes or possible sale. Prefer not to ship.

IBM PC-XT with 40MB Hardcard, CGA Monitor, Basic documentation (Owner's Manual, Basic, PC-DOS), 5.25" FH floppy drive. Prefer not to ship.

I would prefer not to part out these systems. If I can't sell them through classified ads or eBay, I'll post parts that are available before posting on eBay.

Will deliver or meet buyer within 200 miles of Chattanooga, Tennessee. As all of these systems contain old parts and fragile components, I would prefer not to ship. If delivery or meeting face to face is not practical, I will ship as-is, FOB. (In English that means that once I put it on the freight counter, it's yours. I'm not responsible for the condition of anything when it arrives.)

I'll entertain offers, including trades for CompuPro S-100 cards and parts.

You can reach me at tmartin@southernskye.net

regards,
-tachyon
Thomas Martin

The NorthStar Horizon is Sold, pending funds.

The Compaticard II has been traded for some S-100 cards. Sorry, Terry.

Zenith is still available.

Thanks, all!

Tom

Do let me know if the Northstar deal falls through! I had one a long while back, and I still have the hard drive from it. I'd love to get this drive up and running again!

Well, the NorthStar deal fell through because someone set something heavy on it in the basement. The chassis is a bit warped and I'm trying to 'fix' it.

OTOH, I did find a 64K NorthStar RAM card, so when I get a chance to work on it, I might have the machine working. :)

-Tom

aaron7 said:
Do let me know!

I've repaired the damage to the NorthStar's chassis and it's for sale again. The person who had made an offer earlier hasn't replied to my email so if anyone wants a NorthStar Horizon as listed below, give me a shout.

NorthStar Horizon Computer (Metal Outer Case, not Wooden)
NorthStar DS/DD Disk Controller
DS/DD Disk Drive
10 MB Hard Drive
NorthStar Hard Disk Controller
NorthStar 64K RAM Card
NorthStar 32K RAM Card
2 NorthStar 16K RAM Cards
many Diskettes, including CP/M, TurboDOS and NorthStar DOS.
several Manuals.
dBase II manual for NorthStar CP/M in NorthStar binder
and anything else NorthStar I find in my basement.

The system does not run as supplied, but would boot earlier this year with a CompuPro RAM card installed. This lot is sold AS-IS.

I'm looking for at least $200 for this system plus shipping (US Shipping & Packaging will be around $50, international will be more).

If I don't have any offers on this board or comp.os.cpm, I'll spend a few days to get it to boot and post it on eBay.

I can be contacted at thosmm@yahoo.com

I'm sure with that asking price others are going to hate me for this... but last year I sold a Northstar setup with much less than yours for a Buy it Now of $600 on ebay. Who knows how high it would have gone! My Ithaca Intersystems S100 sold for $2100!

S100 stuff ALWAYS brings a premium on there. I'd suggest selling it like that!

I've seen Northstars go for good amounts on eBay, with a non functional floppy only version with no software or manuals going for about $300 a month or so ago.

Someone made an offer, and if he keeps his end of the bargain, he's got the machine. Since I've pulled it all out to figure out what I need to pack it, It's a considerable amount of gear, and if he doesn't keep his end, I'll be getting it to boot and posting it on eBay. I've keep thinking that I don't have a 'spare' RAM card to put in it, but if I sell it on eBay I'll be able to replace the RAM 17 I used to get it working a while back without much trouble.

Back